Chain is one of the mechanical transmission components. Because it can accurately transmit power, stable transmission, constant speed ratio, strong adaptability, not affected by size, convenient maintenance, etc., it has been widely used in various industries. .
Chain is one of the mechanical transmission components. Because it can accurately transmit power, stable transmission, constant speed ratio, strong adaptability, not affected by size, convenient maintenance, etc., it has been widely used in various industries. . However, if the chain is not properly maintained, it will wear out and rust. Today, we will make a concrete analysis of this phenomenon.
Wear of the chain
What is chain wear? Chain wear is often referred to as "chain elongation", which is caused by the wear between the sleeve and the chain pin, the inner diameter of the sleeve increases, and the pin is worn out of the groove.
Chain wear can make shifting lose efficiency and feel. In addition, the chain becomes fragile and breaks more easily. Because the standard pitch of the design of the chain is 12.7mm, the chain roller is located at the appropriate depth of the tooth tip. If the pitch is increased, the chain roller will be located at a higher position of the tooth tip, which will accelerate the wear of the tooth. Jump chain.
Tips from the editor: Press-in type chain detectors are not expensive, it is worth buying one, and then measuring it every few weeks, such as during routine maintenance.
Rust on the chain
1. During the production of the chain, the company did not strictly perform the rust prevention treatment on the chain parts and the assembled chain finished products in accordance with the requirements of the cleaning and rust prevention regulations and oil seal rust prevention packaging.
2. The quality of anti-rust lubricants, kerosene and other products used by the enterprise in production does not meet the requirements of process technology.
3. Random maintenance not only fails to protect the chain, but also shortens the life of the chain.
4. As the price of chain steel is gradually decreasing, the material quality of chain steel is gradually falling. For example, the content of non-metallic impurities in steel is high (increasing sulfur content in steel will reduce the material's rust resistance).
5. The environmental conditions where the chain manufacturing enterprises are located are relatively poor, the content of harmful substances in the air is high, the turnover site is too small, and it is difficult to perform effective rust prevention treatment. In addition, the phenomenon of hot weather and violation of rust prevention regulations by production workers also exist.